Lopez Group’s Piki Lopez is MAP Management Man of the Year 2020
MANILA — The Management Association of the Philippines (MAP) announced recently the selection of Federico “piki” R. Lopez, Chair and CEO of First Philippine Holdings Corporation, as the recipient of the “MAP Management Man of the Year 2020” award.
This is a prestigious award MAP bestows on individuals in the business community or government for attaining unquestioned distinction in the practice of management and for contributing to the country’s progress. The conferment of the award follows a thorough, stringent selection process.
The criteria for the award include integrity, leadership, and management qualities; contribution to nation-building and values formation; effective stewardship within the confines of the highest standard of business and management practice; among others.
Mr. Lopez was chosen for the following:
- for passionately pushing for the country’s transition to a low-carbon economy through his various advocacies to proactively address the irreparable damage of climate change;
- for championing the power industry’s deregulation for the benefit of the country;
- for steering the Lopez Group to being in the forefront of energy security and sustainability, and clean technologies for renewable energy and natural gas;
- for developing a deep bench of Filipino technical and managerial talent who are globally competitive;
- for his leadership role in the substantial contributions of the Lopez Group to national development in terms of production, value added, income generation and job creation;
- for his contribution to long-term positive development of society through his undertakings on technical-vocational education, youth development, community-based livelihood programs, scholarship opportunities for musicians, and research projects on environmental protection; and
- for setting an example for Filipino managers through a track record of integrity, entrepreneurial excellence, professional competence and great leadership in his management career.
The roster of “MAP Management Man of the Year” awardees include Washington Z. SyCip (1967), Geronimo Z. Velasco (1977), Henry A. Brimo (1978), Jose M. Soriano (1979), Cesar E.A. Virata (1981), Jaime V. Ongpin and Vicente T. Paterno (1982), Dante G. Santos (1983), Cesar A. Buenaventura and Roberto T. Villanueva (1985), Jaime Zobel de Ayala (1987), Ramon V. del Rosario Sr. (1988), Jose B. Fernandez Jr. (1989), Raul T. Concepcion (1990), Oscar J. Hilado (1991), Alfonso T. Yuchengco (1992), Juan B. Santos (1994), David M. Consunji and Rizalino S. Navarro (1996), Gabriel C. Singson (1998), Delfin L. Lazaro and Henry Sy Sr. (1999), Oscar M. Lopez (2000), Tony Tan Caktiong (2002), Jesus P. Tambunting (2003), Rafael B. Buenaventura (2004), Manuel V. Pangilinan (2005), George S. K. Ty and Jaime Augusto Zobel de Ayala II (2006), Jose L. Cuisia Jr. (2007), Antonino T. Aquino and Jesus P. Estanislao (2009), Lilia B. de Lima and Ramon R. del Rosario Jr. (2010), Erramon Aboitiz (2011), Aurelio R. Montinola III (2012), Edgar O. Chua (2013), Albert F. del Rosario (2014), Amando M. Tetangco Jr. (2015), Teresita Sy-Coson (2016), John L. Gokongwei Jr. (2017), Fernando Zobel de Ayala (2018), and Nestor V. Tan (2019).
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.