Shell salutes frontliners, assures supply of oil
MANILA, Philippines–Shell Philippines gave assurances it would continue to provide vital energy products as the country battles the novel coronavirus.
“Amidst the challenges, we strive to continue providing vital energy products to our customers and communities and have business continuity plans in place to sustain our operations,” Shell said in a statement released Tuesday.
The giant oil company said the Malampaya gas field off Palawan remains operational.
“Malampaya continues to operate to provide 30 percent of Luzon’s power needs and our Shell stations will remain open to serve motorists and provide basic services,” Shell said.
At the same time, Shell donated food, water and N95 face masks to the Department of Health and the Philippine General Hospital and select hospitals intended for the medical personnel, police officers and other people who have been at the forefront of the fight against COVID-19.
“Through our Shell retailers, we are giving food packs, biscuits and water for medical workers, police force and military personnel and logistics drivers,” it said.
“Shell salutes the frontliners who have been tirelessly working to #FlattenTheCurve,” it said.
For its employees, Shell said the following services are available:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Financial assistance such as access to emergency loans
- 24×7 Tele-Medicine medical service to minimize staff exposure to hospitals and clinics
- Virtual counseling services
- Temporary accommodation and transportation support needed for business continuity.
To support its Shell forecourt staff, the company is providing the following:
- Accommodation in our stations with transportation to and from work
- Meals for staff while on duty
- Face masks and alcohol for when they are on duty and when they travel to and from our stations.
- Financial support for staff grounded by the enhanced community quarantine.
- We will continue to monitor the situation closely and follow advice from public health authorities to help ensure the well-being of our employees, customers and local communities.
“As the spread of COVID-19 continues to affect everyone in the country, Shell puts top priority on the health and safety of our people, customers and the community, along with the safe operations of all our businesses. We continue to monitor the situation closely and respond to the needs of our kababayans,” it said.
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.